You may have heard about the big Kickstarter release of the new edition of Savage Worlds. Well, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition is out and eager GMs and Players are already having fast, furious, fun. We at Sigil want to help you have even more, so we’re bringing you The Savage Sign!
Inside these amazing-looking volumes, you’ll find an entertaining bundle of goodies to enhance your Savage fun. There are immersive settings, exciting new character options, awesome gear, new custom setting rules, creature features, stand-alone Savage Tales, short stories, comics, and more to make your fun faster and even more furious!
If you’d like to support our publication, get insider information, player and game master support material, and advanced access to our projects, please support our Patreon.
If you’d like to chat with fellow readers, our developers, or play some games, join us on Discord.
The Savage Sign Submission Guidelines
Since the announcement of the first issue of The Savage Sign, we’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to submit content to our new publication, and all we can say is thank you, and please keep them coming!
For those interested, here are the submission details from Sigil’s Creative Director, Aaron Acevedo:
“We’re so excited to see all of the enthusiasm and support for the new edition of Savage Worlds, and can’t wait to share The Savage Sign with all of you savages. We’ll be featuring content from both new and established authors trying their hand at creating new Savage Worlds content, accompanied by artwork from the Sigil team who has been working on Pinnacle’s official releases for years.
We’re hoping to make each issue of The Savage Sign a resource for players and game masters alike, with new Player’s Guides, Creature Features, Savage Settings, Savage Tales, Maps, Fiction, Artist Showcases, Designer Diaries, and more.
We’ve got material in mind for the first year of content, but we’re still looking for more! So how can you get involved? Glad you asked:
Adventures / Savage Tales: 1,000 to 5,000 words, with notes for any maps or art needed.
Creature Features: 500 to 2,500 words. Include creature descriptions and game statistics, along with ecology, legends, plot hooks, or other information as appropriate.
Fiction: 1,000 to 5,000 words devoted to one The Savage Sign’s settings. We’re being selective with fiction submissions and the first few issues will be limited to established authors selected by the creative team.
Player’s Guides / Savage Settings: 10,000 to 12,000 words, with notes for any maps or art needed.
Send a query e-mail to email@example.com, with the subject line: The Savage Sign Submission. Please include a title, a description of your idea, suggestions for any illustrations or maps it might need, how much time you’d need to complete the submission, and any of your published credits, if applicable.
Sigil has an established team of artists and designers, but we’re happy to look at your portfolio, please send your information to our Art Director, Alida Saxon (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the title The Savage Sign Portfolio Submission.
We hope to see your work in an upcoming issue of The Savage Sign, game on!”
Before submitting anything to The Savage Sign, please carefully read the Designer’s Release. Any proposal you send is governed by the terms of the Designer’s Release – you don’t need to sign it as you consent to its terms by submitting something to us.
If you (the Designer) submit a proposal to The Savage Sign for review, you agree that the receipt and evaluation by The Savage Sign of this proposal will be undertaken under the following conditions:
1. The Savage Sign agrees to consider this proposal as a possible step toward publication, and to maintain confidentiality about it, but makes no promise that publication can be expected or guaranteed.
2. No confidential relationship or other obligation of any kind is created or implied by the receipt or consideration of this proposal by The Savage Sign. Designer acknowledges and agrees that elements of this proposal may already exist coincidentally in either previously published format, unpublished format, or in the form of a work in progress or concept draft at the time of submission.
3. This agreement binds all parties who lawfully succeed to the rights of the Designer.
4. This agreement constitutes the entire Agreement pertaining to this proposal between the Designer and The Savage Sign.
5. The Designer hereby warrants that the Designer has the right to submit this proposal to The Savage Sign on the foregoing terms and conditions, and guarantees that the work is the Designer’s sole creation. Any ensuing charges of plagiarism or copyright violation are the sole responsibility of the Designer who will bear all costs of any necessary legal defense and indemnify The Savage Sign for any costs, settlements, or judgments made concerning those charges.
This Designer’s Release is governed by and shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of New York applying to contracts made and to be performed in that state.